Islington Refugee Forum in partnership with Islington Council would like to cordially invite you all to celebrate Refugee Week.
What is Refugee Week?
Refugee Week 2018 is part of a nation-wide celebration that will be held on 18-24 June 2018 to celebrate and promote the many contributions that refugees have made towards society. This celebration will highlight what the refugee community have brought to the UK, as well as dispel negative stereotypes that the media all too often associates with refugees. The 2018 theme will be '20 Simple Acts' - one for each year of Refugee Week.
When: Tuesday 19th June 2018
Where: Islington Assembly Hall – Upper Street, London N1 2UD
Time: 9.30 am- 2.00 pm
If you would like to book a stall at the event to share and promote information about your organisation with the public, please email email@example.com. Note that the stall booking is on a first come first served basis as places are limited.
What will the Refugee Week programme entail?
- Speeches from Gary Younge of the Guardian, Maurice Wren - Chief Executive of Refugee Council, Jeremy Corbyn MP, and Cllr Kaya Comer Schwartz
- RCOs and VCOs organisations sharing their successful stories of being refugees in the UK.
- Refugee cultural entertainment such as music and dance performance, Kurdish folklore dancing, Somali traditional music, piano playing, African drumming and Zumba.
- Poetry reading and art competition from primary schools in Islington.
- Information stalls for RCOs, partners and also for statutory bodies such as the NHS and the police service.
- Dishes from various refugee communities in Islington.
Come and join us to celebrate 20 years of Refugee Week!
|Time||9:30 am - 2:00 pm|
|Venue||Islington Assembly Hall|
Islington Refugee Forum