We're facilitating ten 'Signs of Welcome' workshops locally in diverse local venues that are themselves welcoming and interesting spaces to visit.
See a TTT blog report and photos of the first 5 workshops here: https://goo.gl/6JDyRu
NB to find St Mary Magdelene Chuch, see here: http://www.smmwandsworth.org.uk/contact/
"What would you like to say to welcome people who are new to the community?"
That's the question we'll ask you in the workshop.
The 'Signs' workshops combine thinking about what you'd like to say to welcome people who are new to the community with making a colourful sign of your message - in whatever language you like.
When we can arrange it, young people from the CARAS youth club join in to gain volunteering experience co-facilitating a creative community session. Signs will be included in a local exhibition during Refugee Week.
These are sessions that everyone seems to appreciate - expressing ourselves, meeting others, making it visual and being creative by 'thinking with our hands' is a very powerful mix.
* All welcome to join us for a free, facilitated and fun crafts workshop using recycled materials – we’ll provide everything you need
* Create your own messages of welcome to people new to the community
* Take the signs home, or leave them with us for exhibition during Refugee Week in June 2018
* Will be enjoyed by adults and children
* Workshop run by Transition Town Tooting and CARAS (the Tooting charity serving refugees and asylum-seekers)
This project is a strand of the 2018 Welcoming Signs partnership between TTT and CARAS and local venues and other supporters. The partnership purpose throughout the year will be to facilitate events which draw refugees & asylum-seekers closer together with the local community.
Organiser: Transition Town Tooting Calendar
|Venue||St Mary Magdelene Church|
Transition Town Tooting
|Category||Arts and Culture|