Bigfoot are proud to be collaborating with ‘Refugee Week’ and partnering the ‘Welcome Campaign’ in order to inspire communities to continue to welcome new arrivals in the weeks, months and years to come.
The ‘refugee crisis’ last year saw incredible acts of welcome by communities and individuals across the UK and Europe.
We can continue to show welcome through simple acts for years to come.
Join Bigfoot to explore, through a variety of drama exercises, what the word ‘refugee’ means, how refugees positively contribute to our society, and how important it is to empathise with those who seek refuge in our country.
Bigfoot’s ‘Think Simple, Act BIG!’ programme aims to:
• Introduce the Simple Acts Campaign
• Empower young people to be pro-active by taking part in the Simple Acts Campaign
• Educate young people about the term ‘refugee’
• Celebrate the amazing contributions refugees have made to life in the UK, as well as our school and local communities
• Improve cultural relations within schools through an understanding of why a person may
• To accept and respect each other’s differences
• To learn to empathise with others
For more information please look at our Refugee Week flyer.
In celebration of Refugee Week we are running a creative competition ‘Going on a journey’. To find out more info on how to enter, please click here”