In light of COVID-19, Refugee Week happen as a digital festival this year, 15-21 June.
We will also offer support to Refugee Week events postponed until later in the year, whenever they happen.
At a time when the potential for fear and isolation is great, Refugee Week online will be an invitation for us all to connect across borders, show solidarity and, together, imagine another world.
You can take part in Refugee Week 2020 by doing one of eight Simple Acts, which are everyday actions we can all do to stand with refugees and make new connections in our communities.
We hope you’ll also join us for a digital programme of Refugee Week performances and activities, by Counterpoints Arts and Refugee Week producers across the UK – or run your own event or activity.
Here are some programme highlights so far – keep an eye on our website and newsletter for updates:
- A watch-at-home edition of our Moving Worlds film programme
- Virtual ‘Refugee Voices’ sessions by NaTakallam (thanks to our friends at Ben & Jerry’s
- Activities for children and young people
- An anthology of writing on the theme of ‘Imagine’
- A portrait series by Pål Hansen (creatively reimagined for lockdown…)
We send our warmest wishes and solidarity to you at this unsettling time, and look forward to staying connected.