This Refugee Week (17-23 June), thousands of people will come together to celebrate the contributions, creativity and resilience of refugees.
Last year Refugee Week reached an estimated four million people on social media, thanks to supporters like you.
Help us make an even bigger noise for Refugee Week 2019 and our theme of ‘You, me and those who came before’ by joining in online using #RefugeeWeek2019 #generations and #SimpleActs.
Download your pack of social media graphics and templates
Download a full set of social media graphics and blank templates to promote your Refugee Week events here.
Show your support
1. Do one of our Simple Acts
This year we have 7 brand new Simple Acts: everyday things we can all do to change the way we see refugees, and ourselves. Visit the Simple Acts page for more details, and share your act using #SimpleActs.
3. Share a Refugee Week post
Use one of the suggested posts below to spread the word on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram, or write your own using #RefugeeWeek2019 #generations
4. Share posts from Refugee Week’s Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts
5. Make Refugee Week your cover photo
Download our Twitter, Instagram and Facebook cover photos from this Dropbox folder
6. Promote your own Refugee Week event
Make your own graphic using one of the templates below
7. Share your Refugee Week photos and videos using #RefugeeWeek2019
We’d love to see how you are celebrating (click here for some tips for filming on your phone)!
Suggested posts and graphics to share
Share the posts below with a graphic on Twitter (or adapt for Facebook/ Instagram) – thank you!
Before Refugee Week – Download graphics
Refugee Week is coming! There are hundreds of great arts, culture & community events across the UK 17-23 June. What’s on near you? www.refugeeweek.org.uk/events #RefugeeWeek2019
We will be celebrating the contributions, creativity and resilience of refugees for #RefugeeWeek2019, 17-23 June.
During Refugee Week – Download graphics
Refugee Week is here! There are hundreds of great arts, culture & community events across the UK 17-23 June. Find out what’s on near you: www.refugeeweek.org.uk/events #RefugeeWeek2019
Simple Acts (before and during!) – Download graphics
Join the #SimpleActs movement and help change the way we see refugees, and ourselves: www.refugeeweek.org.uk/simple-acts
I’ve just [insert name of Simple Act] #SimpleActs help to change the way we see refugees, and ourselves. Will you do one too? www.refugeeweek.org.uk/simple-acts #RefugeeWeek2019
Make your own event graphic
Promote your own Refugee Week event by adding event details to a blank Refugee Week 2019 graphic as follows:
1. Choose and download one of these blank Refugee Week 2019 graphics
2. Sign up to www.canva.com (it’s free)
3. Click on ‘create a design’ then ‘social media’ image or ‘Twitter post’
4. Upload the graphic and drag across to the blank design
5. Write in details of your Refugee Week event
6. Save, download and share, tagging #RefugeeWeek2019