Wednesday 01 June 2022 - Thursday 02 June 2022
La Tricoterie, Brussels
Rue Théodore Verhaegen 158, Saint-Gilles, Belgium
The EU funded project FOCUS aims at deepening the understanding of critical dimensions of integration, taking stock of the decade passed since the unparalleled influx of more than 1 million refugees and migrants from Syria and other countries (UNHCR 2018), with a special emphasis on psychological and social factors.
The FOCUS Final Conference – Living Well Together on 1-2 June 2022 will showcase FOCUS results to civil society, policy makers and the general public: insights from our qualitative and quantitative research, the FOCUS Approach to Dynamic Integration, and the FOCUS Implementation Guidance.
It will be the occasion to take stock on dynamic integration and discuss how the results can be implemented in practice – not least given the current increased migration due to the war in Ukraine – but also to reflect more broadly on issues related to dynamic integration together with other integration practitioners from the field, from academia, and from policy.
On the agenda:
- Different perspectives on dynamic integration,
- Insights from our comprehensive research study taking stock of socio-economic and socio-psychological integration in four countries,
- Workshops to experience our Living Well Together Resource and other outputs from the practice stream,
- Reports from the FOCUS case studies,
- A policy roundtable to discuss how the FOCUS findings can be made productive in policymaking and programming,
- A marketplace to discover projects and initiatives.
The Conference will take place at La Tricoterie in Brussels (near Gare du Midi). Around 100 participants are expected. Online participation will be possible.