Sunday 20 June 2021
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Great Russell St
Moving stories: Refugee Week special at the British Museum
In partnership with the British Museum, Counterpoints Arts present a very special Friday Late event, curated around this year’s Refugee Week theme of Welcome and, of course, the incredible Museum’s collection of objects, stories and ideas.
The multi-disciplinary programme will include:
- theatre by Young Vic, ice&fire and Arcola
- spoken word by Kayo Chingonyi and Write to Life
- music by Maya Youssef, Haymanot Tesfa and a very special collaboration between Louai Alhenawi and Steven Ellis of Revere plus musicians
- film screenings
- social broadcasting project Something to Declare by Lucia Scazzocchio
- artists in residence, the illustrator Olivier Kugler
- participatory installation Floating Life by Hong Dam and Bern O'Donoghue
- sorrytelling and more workshops
Our Refugee Week partners join us with their own engaging activities, including UNHCR, IRC, Amnesty International, IOM, Refugee Council and others.
The Museum’s Great Court, the Enlightenment, Islamic World, Africa and Parthenon Galleries are just some of the spaces we are ‘taking over’ for this very special evening. From our hosts and wonderful partners at the British Museum and us – Welcome!