We are recruiting a freelance producer to support the planning and delivery of Refugee Week 2023 (which will be the festival’s 25th anniversary!). Read on for more information about this exciting role!
Contract Length: 6 months
Days: 3 days per week (open to discussing flexibility on working pattern if applicants have other work commitments)
Total Fee: £10,800 (based on 3 days)
Location: Based at our office in Hoxton, London
Start date: As soon as possible
Deadline to apply Sunday 15th January 23:59
We are recruiting a freelance Producer to support the planning and delivery of Refugee Week 2023 (which will be the festival’s 25th anniversary!). Refugee Week is a growing international movement which celebrates the contributions, creativity and resilience of refugees and people seeking sanctuary. It takes place annually around World Refugee Day on 20th June. Refugee Week is an umbrella festival, with hundreds of organisations, groups and individuals holding events across the country every year.
Through a programme of arts, cultural, sports and educational events alongside media and creative campaigns, Refugee Week enables people from different backgrounds to connect beyond labels, as well as encouraging understanding of why people are displaced, and the challenges they face when seeking safety. Refugee Week is a platform for people who have sought safety in the UK to share their experiences, perspectives and creative work on their own terms.
Refugee Week is coordinated by Counterpoints Arts, a leading national organisation in the field of arts, migration and cultural change. We are based in Hoxton, London working nationally and internationally.
Marketing & Comms
- Lead on delivery of social media campaign of Refugee Week (managing social media channels, creating assets and scheduling posts) with strategic support from Refugee Week UK Coordinator and Counterpoints Digital Producer;
- Input on overall marketing & media campaign ideas and delivery to promote Refugee Week movement, increase reach and participation and promote events;
- Support with website maintenance & updates when needed;
- Support with written comms when needed (e.g. newsletter, blogs);
- Support with creating resource packs for the network.
Programme & Production Support
- Support planning and delivery of Refugee Week Strategic Away Day Monday 20th February 2023;
- Support planning and delivery of Refugee Week online conference (date TBC);
- Oversee distribution of Refugee Week shop promotional materials & volunteer management.
- Support Refugee Week UK Coordinator with compiling and collating evaluation for Refugee Week 2023;
- Support in sharing Refugee Week 2023 story and highlights.
Plus other reasonable tasks as required
- Highly organised individual with a collaborative working style
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Social Media experience
- Excellent written communication
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with people from a range of different sectors and backgrounds
- An active interest in refugee rights or arts, culture and social change and commitment to the vision and values of Refugee Week
- Digital proficiency and willingness to use collaborative team tools such as Slack, Google Drive, Calendars, etc.
- Availability during whole week of Refugee Week 19 – 25th June, 2023
- Experience in public-facing digital communications and/or experience of engaging with media
- Project management experience
- Design experience
- Experience of working in refugee advocacy/ with refugees and/or arts, culture and social change (paid or voluntary)
- Lived experience of displacement or migration
We particularly welcome applications from historically marginalised groups who are currently underrepresented in the cultural sector, especially people of colour and other ethnic minorities, people who identify as LGBTQIA+ and Disabled people. Priority may be given to candidates who have lived experience of displacement, and can demonstrate strong initiative and potential for growth. If you are unsure about your suitability for this role or would like to discuss anything further please contact Lara Deffense at Lara@counterpointsarts.org.uk
Please send your CV and a short cover letter (no more than one side of an A4) explaining why you are interested in applying to Lara@counterpointsarts.org.uk by Sunday 15th January 23:59.
Please let us know if you need any information about this role in a different format or if you have any specific access requirements. Requests will not affect the decision making process itself.
Please direct any questions about the role to Lara Deffense via Lara@counterpointsarts.org.uk.
Deadline to apply Sunday 15th January 23:59
To read this job overview as a PDF click here