Take a Tour
Art has a magical way of helping us transcend borders, make unexpected connections and discover new things about our world, and ourselves.
This Simple Act is an invitation to discover artwork, objects and stories that open windows to experiences of displacement, and help us re-imagine our shared future.
While we may not be able to visit galleries and museums in person right now, there’s a world to see online. You might…
- Discover the hidden history of Basque child refugees and those who welcomed them with the Havens East project, a new online exhibition with Anglia Ruskin University (coming for Refugee Week 2020)
- Check out ‘Between These Folded Walls, Utopia’ – portraits by Cooper & Gorfer imagining a future built by young migrant women
- Learn about the refugee artists who have helped shape UK culture through Counterpoints Arts’ Traces Project
- Discover the lives and work of women photographers who came to the UK as refugees in the 1930s, through the Another Eye virtual exhibition
- Explore artwork exploring the nature of migration from the 17th century until today in Dulwich Picture Gallery’s Journeys, co-curated by Community Curators with personal experiences of migration
What did you take away with you? What would you like tell others about? Share on social media using #TakeaTour #SimpleActs